KGK (Kirisutosha Gakusei Kai) is an evangelical ministry to university students in Japan and is a member of the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES). We are seeking to reach university students in Japan with the gospel of Jesus Christ. At present, there are around 1,370 students who are involved in the ministry of KGK around the country. Some of the larger groups may have up to 30 students. Some campuses may have only one Christian student that we know of.
If you are an international student or know someone who is coming to study in Japan, please contact the following staff members through this Google Form.
They will be more than happy to connect you with students and staff in the area/region.
Yasuyuki Kamata (International Ministry Staff worker) firstname.lastname@example.org
Kellie Nicholas (Missionary Staff worker in Kansai region) email@example.com
For information on OCF (Overseas Christian Fellowship), please see here.
Prayer Requests -AUGUST&SEPTEMBER 2018-
• Please pray that activities would continue on each campus during this second semester. Please pray for salvation of unbelieving students.
• Please pray for folk who suffered damage in the earthquake and typhoon. Please pray that they would be able to get ready for the onset of winter.
• Please pray for preparations for the Open KGK event on October 27th and the Bible Camp from 26th-28th December. We’ll be studying the Letter to the Romans. Please pray that students would come, and that it would be a time of deepening understanding and fellowship.
• Please pray for Jun Sugimoto as he travels throughout Hokkaido. And may he have wisdom from the Lord as he relates to each and every student.
• Please pray for seeking students who came to Summer Camp, to deepen their relationship with God. Please pray for students preparing for Baptism, for their subsequent walk with Christ.
• Please pray for activities on each campus during the second semester. Building on relationships forged during Summer Camp, may activities be richer and deeper.
• We will have a New Graduates and Alumni Camp in November. Please pray for God’s gracious leading for the Organising Committee, and for Makoto Ogawa giving the message.
• Please pray for End of Year Camp in December. Please pray our studies together would be fruitful.
• KGK Camp II is from Friday 5th to Saturday 6th October. The theme is ‘Evangelical? Interdenominational? That’s to say, Love’. Please pray for lots of participants. Ask that the students would be touched afresh by the Gospel and be encouraged in their campus activities. Pray also for speaker Shinya Yoshizawa.
• The second semester is the time for deciding on next year’s student staff – leaders and Committee members on each campus, and Committee members for each block and then the whole region. Please pray that the Lord would raise up the right people; and that each students would make a firm decision to accept the Lord’s call.
• Please pray for campus activities during the second semester. Pray that they would get off to a smooth start with the beginning of the school semester. Pray that first year students and new members would get more stuck in and be ever more committed. Pray also for new members to be added.
• Kanto Region KGK is responsible for the planning of and preparation for KGK National Conference from Monday 25th February until Friday 1st March 2019. Please pray for the 6-member Organising Committee. We also need many helpers for the other smaller Committees. Please pray that our Region would work well together to be ready. Please also pray for many Conference participants – we hope for over 120 participants from the Kanto Region.
• We will have Summer Camp reunion on 13th October. Please pray that non-Christians who came to Summer Camp would stay connected. Please also pray for preparations for the day.
• In November we have our Members General Meeting. Please pray that new members would be added and that together we would be actively support KGK. Please also pray for new Committee members.
• Please pray for campus, block and Region activities during the new semester. Would they be places of encouragement and fellowship as well as evangelism.
• As the season changes, please pray for health for students, staff workers and supporters.
• Would campus activities – invigorated after Summer Camp – take the work forward and spread the Gospel through the campuses.
• A mission team is coming from Australia from the end of October into November. Do pray that they would understand the situation in the Hokuriku Region and be able to pray and serve with us.
• Please pray for protection over the work of the Student Operations Committee, and that they would serve the Lord with integrity.
• Please pray that more students would be linked to KGK.
• Would Hokuriku financial affairs be in good order so that we can spread the Gospel even wider.
• Please pray for the Supporters’ Seminar being put on for churches. Pray for speaker Pastor Yamaguchi’s preparation.
• Please pray for the ‘Love and Marriage’ study at the Graduates Camp, particularly for speaker Staff Worker Ikebuchi’s preparation and the organizing Graduate Committee.
• Please pray for the work of the Supporters’ Group, for example, their Newsletter. Would this be a real help to the student groups.
• Give thanks for the 9 non-believers who attended the evangelistic Summer Camp Part I, from 23rd-25th August. The mainly study camp, (Part II), was shortened by one day as a result of the Typhoon – we’re grateful for prayers for these events.
• Pray for the not yet believing students who attended summer camps to believe.
• Ask for protection on the second semester campus and local area meetings.
• Pray for a good time at the ‘222 Club part II’ (meeting for those thinking about full time paid Gospel ministry) to be held on 4th October.
• Ask for God’s blessing on the Autumn camp on November 9th-10th.
• Pray for protection on Yutaro Shimizu’s health and ministry. Also for Staff Worker Kelly, currently in Australia for deputation ministry and study. Pray for Staff Workers to have good relationship with students, and be able to support them well.
• Ask for God to provide necessary finances for KGK Kansai region.
• Pray for those affected by the heavy rains in July (especially for Kurashiki in Okayama, Kure in Hiroshima, and Uwajima in Ehime). Ask the Lord to use the disaster relief activities of the network of churches. Pray for KGK also to be able to continue helping.
• Pray for the work of student mission in each prefecture and on every campus.
• Ask that there would be an increase in active student mission in the Sanin region (Shimane and Tottori).
• Pray that seeking students would be led to saving faith in Jesus. Especially pray for blessing on Christmas meetings to be held at each campus and in each Prefecture. • Give thanks for over 100 people attending the Supporting Churches meeting on Saturday July 21st.
• Thanks for those who prayed for the summer camp (August 20th-23rd). Pray for the lives of the non-believers who attended to be directed to Jesus.
• Pray for KGK student and graduates to live out the Gospel wherever they are placed.
• Pray for the former member meetings in each prefecture to be good times of prayer, fellowship and encouraging financial giving.
• Pray for more workers to be raised up for serving student evangelism in Chushikoku.
• Pray for the Staff Worker’s visiting during second semester, and for his family in his absence.
• Ask for the necessary finances to be fully raised.
• Pray for multiple Staff Workers to raised up for the Kyushu area.
• Ask for protection on the students’ faith during the second semester, and for spiritual growth.
• Pray for preparation for the middle and high school camp ‘Tamago 2’ and for the KGK Kyushu spring camp.
• Pray for new leadership for each monthly campus meeting. For the committees to be united about passing on to new members.
• Praise for the Okinawa KGK summer camp which was attended by 28 people including 2 non-believers, and was a richly blessed time. Pray that each student who attended would hold onto the decisions they made, and both at church and on campus, continue to put down deep roots into Jesus.
• Pray for Ryukyu University bible study group to be given official status. Also, for new Christian students to join and be connected to KGK at Meio University. Pray for further growth in the activities at Okinawa Christian University.
• With an eye on March graduations, pray that there would be progress in handing on responsibility to new students.
• Pray for churches in Okinawa to learn more of KGK activities, so that mutual trust will increase, resulting in further Gospel partnership.
• Pray for good working and health for resident Staff Worker Moe Higa, and also for supervising Staff Worker Shinya Yoshizawa.
• Pray for General Secretary Shigenori Oshima, and for the Staff Worker steering committee (Yoshizawa, Yajima, Ogawa, Aburaki and Ikebuchi), that together they would give the appropriate lead to KGK work nationally.
• Pray for the work of Makoto Ogawa, serving as National Graduate Staff Worker, and for protection on his travels and appointments.
• For blessing on the Administrative team, that they would serve increasingly well the front line of student evangelism.
• Pray for KGK graduates serving on the preparation committee for the IFES East Asia region Graduates Conference (EAGC) to be held in August 2019. Pray for joyful partnership between graduates from each region to result.