KGK (Kirisutosha Gakusei Kai) is an evangelical ministry to university students in Japan and is a member of the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES). We are seeking to reach university students in Japan with the gospel of Jesus Christ. At present, there are around 1,370 students who are involved in the ministry of KGK around the country. Some of the larger groups may have up to 30 students. Some campuses may have only one Christian student that we know of.
If you are an international student or know someone who is coming to study in Japan, please contact the following staff members through this Google Form.
They will be more than happy to connect you with students and staff in the area/region.
Yasuyuki Kamata (International Ministry Staff worker) firstname.lastname@example.org
Kellie Nicholas (Missionary Staff worker in Kansai region) email@example.com
For information on OCF (Overseas Christian Fellowship), please see here.
Prayer Requests -JUNE&JULY 2018-
- Please pray that students who came to the New Students Welcome Party would stay connected to Campus and Block activities. Pray that non-Christian students who came would find out about Jesus, get connected to church, and be saved.
- Please pray for the Hokkaido KGK Supporters’ Annual Meeting and Special Lecture on 30th June. We would love it to be a time when churches and many individuals get to know the work of KGK.
- Please pray for protection over preparations for Summer Camp, taking place August 15th – 17th. Christian students will gather from the 14th August to make arrangements to welcome non-Christians. Please pray that they would invite their friends and make this an evangelistic camp.
- Pray for good interactions between staff worker Jun Sugimoto and the students as he visits various campuses. Please also pray for safety in travel.
- Please pray for the Western Tohoku Special Topic Camp on June 15th – 16th. Pray that many students new to university would attend.
- Pray for Summer Camp, taking place August 14th – 17th. For protection over preparations, and for the contribution of speaker Pastor Makito Masaki (Itami Gospel Lutheran Church) to be blessed.
- Please pray that students new to campuses throughout the region would get involved with KGK activities.
- Pray that seekers involved with KGK activities on campus would come to know the Lord Jesus.
- 270 students attended the Kanto Region New Students Welcome Party on Saturday, May 12th, of whom 88 were new students. Praise God for such a good turn-out. Please pray that KGK students would be witnesses to Christ on the campuses to which He has sent them. To that end, please pray that new students would come along to campus and block activities and be an encouragement to one another.
- We held a Welcome Party for New Graduates on Saturday, May 19th. Please pray for graduates, especially those who started work in April, to live out the Gospel in the situations to which they have been sent after university.
- We’ll be holding KGK Kanto Camp on June 1st and 2nd. Please pray for many people to come. Pray that the students who come would be touched by the Gospel and encouraged in their campus activities. Please pray for our speaker KGK General Secretary Shigenori Oshima.
- On Saturday 16th June, we will hold the event ‘Let's Proclaim the Gospel’, an opportunity to think about witnessing to friends and evangelism. Please pray that many would come. Please pray that it would be a great time of learning and fellowship, and a spur to students to invite their campus friends to campus Bible studies and Summer Camp. Please pray for speaker Staff Worker Yasuyuki Kamata.
- On Monday 18th June, there is an open seminar put on by the KGK Kanto Supporters Group. Staff Worker Yoshizawa Shinya will talk on the theme of ‘A Church that Welcomes Young People’. Please pray that many church workers with a heart for youth evangelism would attend, and that it would be a good time of thinking and praying together about collaboration in mission to the next generation.
- Please pray for our two camps in August (Summer Camp and Challenge Camp). Please pray in particular that many non-Christians would come to Summer Camp on August 21st – 24th.
- Kanto region is hosting the KGK National Students Conference in February 2019. Please pray for the Planning Committee.
- Please pray that new students in Tokai region would grow in their faith.
- Please pray for protection over plans for Tokai Summer Camp.
- Please pray for good health for each student this academic year, and also for that of staff worker Yuya Kawano, Graduate Assistant Kakeru Yamaguchi, and Associate Staff Worker Judith.
- Please pray that many non-Christians would be saved through campus activities.
- Please pray for each of us to be ‘Witnesses’ for Christ in every area of our lives.
- Pray for new students to keep attending, and to mature in their faith.
- Pray for faithfulness for the summer camp organising committee.
- For salvation of non-Christians currently attending campus meetings. To that end pray for wisdom and boldness for Christian students.
- For blessing on the study on 'Serving' at the Gradates Presentation Seminar. Especially for the work of the speaker Mr Okada.
- Pray for finances for the work in Hokuriku to be provided, and for mission in Hokuriku to advance.
- Pray for graduates' meetings to continue. Especially for former Hokuriku region graduates living in the Kansai region to continue meeting together.
- Pray for protection on driving during the large number of car journeys.
- Please give thanks that the three different new students meetings all went well with many new students attending. Pray that they would continue to be connected with KGK work.
- Pray for the work of each campus ministry, and for Gospel advance in each prefecture.
- Give thanks for regular activities begun in Tottori Prefecture. Continue to pray for student evangelism in the San'in region.
- Pray that seeking students will be led to decide for Christ and be saved.
- For preparations for Summer Camp (August 20-23). Pray for many seekers to attend.
- Pray for many to attend the KGK supporters gathering on Saturday July 21st.
- Pray for students and graduates to live out the Gospel wherever God has placed them.
- For the KGK former members meetings in each prefecture to be useful times of promoting fellowship, prayer and financial giving.
- For more workers to be raised up for student evangelism in Chushikoku.
- Praise for blessing on the Spring Camp, especially for students being encouraged and commissioned for service.
- For the work of student evangelism at each campus, and in each prefecture, in the new academic year.
- Please pray for many New Students to attend the welcome events: Eastern Chugoku (April 21st), Shikoku (May 19th), Western Chugoku (May 26th).
- For student evangelism in Tottori and Shimane prefectures.
- For students who are seeking, to be granted faith and repentance.
- For students and graduates to live out the Gospel wherever God has placed them.
- Pray for the KGK former members' meetings in each prefecture to result in greater mutual partnership, prayer and financial support for KGK work.
- For more workers to be raised up to support student evangelism in Chushikoku.
- Pray for the protection on the lives of each student, for spiritual vigour, physical health and academic study.
- For the campus meetings and monthly joint meetings in each prefecture. Especially for the leaders of those to be encouraged. Also for the Kyushu students steering committee to be united in serving God.
- Pray for the summer camp at the end of August, for good preparation and for blessing.
- For the KGK work to go forward hand in hand with relationships of mutual trust with local churches.
- For protection on spiritual life and travel of Staff Workers and Partner Workers. To build good relationships with students. For protection on families at home.
- For sufficient finances to be provided as they were last year.
- For KGK graduate meetings to be held regularly in each prefecture.
- Pray that within 3 years there would be multiple Staff Workers in Kyushu.
- Thanks for several new first year students as well as several new seeking members. Pray for at least one student to meet Jesus as a result of the fellowship and studies.
- Pray that the Bible Study Society at Ryukyu University would receive official university recognition.
- Pray for new students at Meio University campus group (currently all members in their 4th year).
- Pray for campus activities to be able to start at the Okinawa Prefectural University of the Arts. For campus activities to be restarted at Okinawa Christian University.
- Summer Camp will be from September 3rd-6th. Pray for the organising committee and for the speaker. For many students both from within and without Okinawa to attend.
- Pray for the monthly KGK graduates meeting (Bible study and fellowship) which has restarted after a break of 4 years.
- Moe Higa is resident Okinawa Staff Worker, and Shinya Yoshizawa is the overseeing Staff Worker. Pray for their work, their families, and their spiritual and physical health.
- Thanks for donations to the 70th anniversary fund exceeding the target. Pray that the money will be used wisely during the next 10 years.
- Pray for General Secretary Shigenori Oshima, and for the Staff Worker steering committee (Yoshizawa, Yajima, Ogawa, Aburaki and Ikebuchi), that together they would give the appropriate lead to KGK work nationally.
- For blessing on the Administrative team, that they would serve increasingly well the front line of student evangelism.
- Pray for KGK graduates serving on the preparation committee for the IFES East Asia region Graduates Conference (EAGC) to be held in August 2019. Pray for joyful partnership between graduates from each region to result.